WELCOME TO THE MAHARISHI MEDITATION CENTRE
Yogic meditation, which is the ultimate contribution of India to the world, is our guiding practice and tradition for all that we do. Rather than cogitating about whys and hows of your skeptical mind, we choose instead to search for the truth, the truth of existence. Let your spiritual journey begin with the tools and techniques we teach at our meditation centre. You will learn the most powerful and practical spiritual techniques from our instructional articles and expert taught programs. We welcome you to explore the many resources on our site and to feel free to contact us with any questions, needs or concerns.
- Mala beads are typically used to count the repetitions of a mantra during meditation. The most commonly used mala consists of 108 beads. The number 108 is significant in Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism. In ancient India, the number 108 was considered the most auspicious and sacred number. In todays post I am going to share … Why Are There 108 Beads in a Mala?Read More »Read More »
- Mantra meditation is a simple type of meditation that can help you change your life. This ancient practice has been used to help people with all sorts of issues, such as anxiety, chronic pain, and even depression. Some people are wary of starting a new meditation practice. They worry they won’t be able to do … The Benefits of Mantra Meditation for MenRead More »Read More »
- I was at a yoga class last week, and I was talking to some friends there about meditation, yoga and what it is that I do. When I talk about Vedic meditation, I automatically assume everyone knows what I’m talking about, but not the case! I get asked a lot, “What are mala beads?”, a … Who Can Wear Mala Beads and What Do They Do?Read More »Read More »
- The ancient art of meditation has been practiced around the world by many for thousands of years and although there are countless different styles of meditation, they all aim to do the same thing – to quieten the mind and find a stillness, an awareness, calm, peace, and clarity; a superconscious yet thoughtless state. In … 5 Different Types of MeditationRead More »Read More »
- Today’s blog is all about meditation, and how to meditate with your mala beads. I am so excited to write this blog, there is so much to write about! Books have been written on the subject, people do courses on it, some soul seekers dedicate their lives to it. This is just a snippet of … How to Meditate With Mantras and Mala BeadsRead More »Read More »
- Benefits of Yoga 1. Stress Relief: Yoga decreases the effects of stress on the physical body. By promoting relaxation, yoga helps to reduce the levels of the stress hormone cortisol. Associated benefits include lowering blood pressure and heart rate, improving digestion and supporting the immune system as well as easing symptoms of ailments such as … Top Ten Reasons to Practice Yoga RegularlyRead More »Read More »
We offer several different training programs. These include several different meditations, yoga, and healing modalities. We welcome you to explore these offerings to deepen your skills and understanding of our tradition.
- Beginner’s Workshop You like to practice meditation but have no idea how? Who to go to? This workshop is exactly what you are looking for. Meditation workshop is created to give you an introduction on how to be meditative. This workshop will inform you on other practices we offer at MKL. This workshop will provide … Read More »
- All Levels Ongoing group classes are taught for all levels and are always fun. The hour and a half class offers a full-body workout that incorporates Kundalini breathing, warm-ups, standing poses, stretches, abdominal strengtheners and, of course, the Sun Salutation. A trained instructor and assistant are available to provide individual adjustment and help students get …Read More »
- Reiki Level I Level I attunement makes a person capable of healing others hands on. This attunement is primarily for self healing, but Reiki I channels can heal others too. The cleansing process after this attunement involves physical cleansing and the channel may experience minor physical discomfort, such as common cold, etc. This attunement can …Read More »